To become the world wide web’s Agatha Christie and solve all SEO written content mysteries, you need to know 2 or 3 things about online writing. Well, 4, actually:
- What to write : keywords to use, themes linked to your website’s activity, etc…
- Where to write : which format, for which use ? On-site text, meta description, blog, off-site guest-blogging, etc…
- How to write : which are the steps of SEO web writing
- What to write with : which writing help tools are the most adapted to SEO
Why writing on the internet ? Web writing has many advantages : visibility, window of your company, information on your activity, and above everything, optimization of your SEO and ranking. The more you have textual content on your site, the more you have possibilities to rank on some keywords. Web writing is un-splittable from SEO writing, it’s even why it is used most of the time. This said, rhetorical question : who is better than SEO professionals to give you advice on how to write well on the web ?
Today, I give you the 5 steps of SEO web writing in order to become the best online script !
1. Well choose your keywords
Take time to find the right words 💖
If you find the right keywords to speak to the requests, you can be sure that search engines will be affected by this beautiful attention. Before starting to write down something, you should choose which words to use in your texts and on which you want to be ranked. This step is an exclusively SEO and marketing step but you absolutely need to do it to determine how to speak to and deal with your target.
Choose your keywords according to :
- Your activity or qualification sector
- The theme of your site, what it’s dealing with
- Keywords used by competitors to be ranked
- Search volume of the relevant keywords
2. Correctly write some interesting content
Sharpen your pen 🖋️
Normally, content you post on Internet is not read by robots… Well, is not meant at least. It is meant to be read by human users. Your content should so be interesting to read by people and, above all, easily understandable. Firstly, to please your reading audience, but not only, also to please search engines algorithms. Let’s remember the role of search engines : show the best websites to the users, and so the ones with the better texts. If algorithms figure out that the time spent on your website by users is very short and the bounce rate very high, they will lower your rankings.
- First, write to please your readers, not algorithms, because they match with users perception
- Algorithms succeed in calculating if users are satisfied or not by your content thanks, among other things, your bounce rate and visitors’ session time, so write interesting texts that make people stay on your site
- Express yourself correctly, whether for the language itself than the syntax of your sentences
- Avoid « stuffing » effect that affects very badly your SEO
3. Valorize unique content
You’re unique so you better show it 🙋♀️
There are more than 1,4 billions of websites on the internet ! There is so a huge possibility that what you wrote on your site is already written on other ones. Far from me the will to treat you as a thief, but I have to tell you that duplicated content is severely punish by search engines. Same than stuffing, search engines don’t like when you copy the neighbors too much, even if it’s unwanted. Remember the goal of search engines which is to offer their users the better content on the internet, but something already written else where. Take care of not plagiarizing other and valorize unique content on your site. It can seem difficult when you know all the texts already present on the web and you have to often use some keywords. Anyway, you should try to follow these rules, at least a bit, and your SEO will surely thank you !
- For your SEO health, just like stuffing, avoid writing content similar to some already published on the web
- Don’t hesitate bringing brand new information or your expert thoughts on a looked for issue
- Use an « anti-plagiarism » checking tool before publishing your content
4. Check SEO optimization of your content
Maximum optimization ! ✊
The last step before publishing your content online is checking that everything is optimized for SEO.. This step is not part of the writing itself but have to be thought in the writing. It is about checking that everything is OK and will not affect your SEO. It would be sad to spoil all your efforts because of issues concerning the technical side.
Before publishing your content online
- Check your stuffing and duplicated content level
- Make sure that your text is long enough to be good for SEO
- Beware of bugging code that can be added in your text at the publishing
5. Complete your meta data
It’s mega important ! ⚠️
Once your content is written and put in the good format, there is just one thing to do. Complete meta data the right way. Meta data is the little text that appears below a result in serps. It is generally meant to describe the site indicated in the result. It is so very important to complete it with care not to bother search engines. They are right, presenting yourself is the very basis ! Meta data represent, for sure, a more technical part than regular content but is still writing, and a very important part of writing.
- Complete your urls with your pages titles
- Check the result’s title shown in serps is the one you want
- Add a introduction or an extract of your page in the serp description
Web writing enables you to improve your SEO significantly. You should seriously think about it if you want to develop your SEO thanks to a content strategy. Our 5 tips to respect chronologically for web writing are : chose the right keywords on which to be ranked before starting to write, write good and useful content, chose unique content over common or duplicated one, check if your text is technically good to be published online, think of completing meta data after publishing.