Error - The URL is not valid
The URL is not valid
A URL generally allows access to a resource on a server. This resource is mainly an HTML page of a WEB site that will be interpreted by the browser, but it can also be a PDF document, an image or even a file to download.
The URL respects a precise syntax, the minimal format is :
- the protocol specifies the means of communication with the server, for a web site, it is : "http" or "https".
- the sub-domain, which is optional, coupled with the domain allows to define the site: "www.exemple.com", "example.com".
- the path allows to retrieve a specific resource from the server: "/", "/contact" or even "/basket".
- optional parameters allow to send information to servers (it is recommended not to use them for SEO)
Examples of valid URLs :
Examples of invalid URLs :
- cocolyze.com: missing protocol "https://"
- https:amazon.com: bad protocol separator: "://".
- https://google : invalid website address : "google.fr"
Also, only certain characters are allowed, this aspect is less important because robots and browsers automatically encode them. For example the URL "https://café.com/meilleur-café" becomes "https://xn--caf-dma.com/meilleur-caf%c3%a9" (browsers display the "human" version of the URL, i.e. with the characters not supported in a decoded way).
An invalid URL does not allow access to a page, so it is necessary to :
- check its syntax
- check its access from a browser